Sunday, December 1, 2013

{Recap} Fall Fun 2013


Here is a recap of our fall fun (true confessions- this post is being written in February). :-)

I am making a pact with myself to start updating this blog regularly so I don't have to do 3-4 months worth of stuff in one blog post.

Butler's Orchard:

We went to Butler's Orchard for Billy's 2nd birthday party. We had never been before and it is definitely a place I would love to return to. The apples were fantastic! The party included a tractor ride into the orchard and we got to take home a few bags of apples. Lucas also enjoyed playing on the playground equipment and old tractors.











The Reston Zoo:

Josh went out of town in September and I recruited my mom to hang out with me for the weekend. We took Lucas to the Reston Zoo (a petting zoo) and we had a great time. I definitely plan on taking him back this spring. The goats were our favorite because they were so friendly. We also loved seeing the bulls, camels and zebras.










Nulls Pumpkin Patch:

There is a small nursery/produce stand close to us. They set up tunnels every year for the kids to climb in. It is a nice free activity in the fall.






Great Country Farm & Bluemont Vineyards:

In late October, we headed out to Great Country Farms with our friends Knute and Liz. We had such a fun time there. Lucas loved being able to run around and play on the slides. He also loved the animals there. After we selected our pumpkins, we headed across the street to my favorite winery, Bluemont. We enjoyed some wine and snacks before heading home.















No comments: